Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Italian Sandwhich Salad

Many of you may not have a clue what an Italian Sandwhich is, to which I feel bad for the void you didn't even know you had in your life. I'm pretty sure Italian sanwhiches are a New England thing, maybe just a Maine thing. They're sandwhich rolls stuffed with ham, american cheese, tomatoes, pickles, onions, green peppers, olives and salt pepper and oil. Seemingly a staple of my childhood. I crave it from time to time so I made a spin off of it without the harsh toxicity of pork or inflammatory, cancer causing properties of white rolls... and it hit the spot just the same.




INGREDIENTS
chopped sliced turkey (nitrate free, sugar free.. check label)
chopped yellow onion
chopped organic tomato
chopped dill pickles
sliced olives
sliced chunks of raw cheddar cheese
(you can add green peppers, I don't)

olive oil
sea salt
pepper

INSTRUCTIONS
Mix in desired ratio of all ingredients. Drizzle with olive oil, and S&P to taste.